Very similar to Boules and lawn bowls, Bocce originated in the ancient Roman Empire.
Bocce is a very fun, easy and competitive game to play. Players take turns trying to get their ball closest to the pallino (small white ball).
Points are given for each of the winning teams balls closest to the pallino.
First team to 12 points wins!
- The game consists of several frames.
- A frame starts with tossing the pallino by a team toward the opposite end of the playing court.
- The game (frame) is complete after the balls have been thrown and points awarded.
- Balls are tossed or rolled underhand.
- Once the pallino is in position, the first team throws their bocce ball.
- Taking alternate turns, each team throws their balls toward the pallino to (A) get their ball closest to the pallino, (B) to move the pallino closer to their ball, or (C) move the opponent’s ball.
- The winning team begins the next frame.
- In each frame, only one team scores.
- One point is given for each bocce ball that is closer to the pallino than the opposing team’s bocce balls.
- The pallino distance marker can be used to determine which balls are closer.
- The game continues until 12 points have been scored or to pre-determined points set by the players before the game starts.
- 6 x Bocce balls
- 1 x Pallino (small white ball)
- Measuring rope
- Carry Case