Checkers is one of the worlds oldest known board games. At a whopping three metres squared this is truly a giant version of the original game played in the days of the early Egyptian pharaohs (c. 1600 BC)!.
- In most games of checkers, there are two players.
- The players are at opposite ends of the board.
- One player has dark pieces, and one player has light pieces.
- Players take turns moving their pieces.
- Players move their pieces diagonally from one square to another square.
- When a player jumps over their opponent’s (the other player’s) piece, you take that piece from the board.
- If you can take a piece, then you must take a piece.
Board 3m x 3m
- 12 white pieces
- 12 black pieces